Shoaib Malik Biography
Shoaib Malik is a Pakistani cricketer who plays as a right-handed batsman and occasional off-spin bowler. He made his international debut for Pakistan in 1999 and has represented Pakistan in all three game formats. He is considered one of the most successful and experienced players in the Pakistan cricket team. Malik has captained Pakistan and has been a critical player in the middle order for many years. He is known for his ability to score runs quickly and consistently and for his versatility as a batsman. He has represented several teams in domestic T20 leagues like Pakistan Super League and Caribbean Premier League. Besides cricket, he is also known for his charity work and social services.
|Father Name||Malik Muhammad Aslam|
|Son||Izhaan Mirza Malik|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1982|
|Famous as||Cricketer, Model|
|Debut||1999 against the West Indies|
Date of Birth/Age
Shoaib Malik was born in Sialkot, Pakistan, on February 1, 1982. He is currently 42 years old.
Shoaib Malik’s father’s name is Malik Muhammad Aslam. He has a younger brother, Muhammad Umair Malik.
He got married to Indian Tennis player Sania Mirza in 2010. They had a traditional wedding ceremony in Hyderabad, India and a nikah ceremony in Lahore, Pakistan. The couple is considered one of the most successful and high-profile cross-border marriages in the subcontinent. They have been actively involved in charity work. They have been vocal about promoting friendly relations between India and Pakistan through sports.
Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza have a son named Izhaan Mirza Malik, born on October 30, 2018, in Hyderabad, India. The couple announced the birth of their son on social media and shared pictures of their newborn. They have not shared much about their son and have kept him from the public eye.
Shoaib Malik attended various schools in his hometown Sialkot, Pakistan, and completed his early education there. He did not participate in higher education as he decided to pursue his career in cricket at a young age.
Shoaib Malik Career
Shoaib Malik is a Pakistani cricketer. He is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm off-spinner. Malik made his One Day International (ODI) debut for Pakistan in 1999 against the West Indies. He played his first Test match in 2001 against Bangladesh.
Throughout his career, Malik has represented Pakistan in all three game formats and captained the national team. He has also played domestic cricket for various groups, including Pakistan International Airlines, Sialkot Stallions, and Multan Sultans.
Malik is considered one of the most successful Pakistani cricketers of all time, known for his aggressive captaincy, ability to score runs consistently, and ability to take wickets in crucial moments. He has played over 300 ODIs, 40 test matches, and 115 T20Is. He has also represented various franchise teams in T20 leagues like IPL, CPL, PSL, and BPL.
As a Captain
Shoaib Malik has served as the captain of the Pakistan cricket team in various formats throughout his career. He first captained the team in 2007, leading Pakistan in a series of ODIs against South Africa. Malik also captained the team in a Test match series against South Africa in 2007. He captained the team in T20 internationals in 2007-2008.
Malik is considered a successful captain, credited with leading the team to many victories and series wins, particularly in the T20 format. Under his leadership, Pakistan won the T20 World Cup in 2009 and reached the tournament’s semi-final in 2007. He also led Pakistan to the semi-final of the 2007 and 2017 Champions Trophies.
Malik was appointed captain of the Pakistan Super League franchise team Multan Sultans in 2018. He led the team to the playoffs in the first season. He was also appointed as the national side’s captain in various T20 series, leading Pakistan to victories against solid teams like New Zealand and West Indies. In 2023 He is Playing by Karachi Kings in PSL season 8.
However, Malik’s captaincy was criticized for not being able to lead the team in the longer formats of the game, especially in test matches, and for being too defensive in his approach.
Shoaib Malik is considered one of the most successful Pakistani cricketers. He has several records to his name. Some of his notable records include:
- Over 300 One Day International (ODI) appearances made him the first Pakistani and one of the few cricketers worldwide to have played over 300 ODIs.
- He is the only cricketer in the world to have played 100+ T20Is and 100+ ODIs for his country.
- He is the highest run-scorer for Pakistan in T20Is and the second-highest run-scorer for Pakistan in ODIs.
- He has the most number of centuries for Pakistan in T20Is. He is the only Pakistani cricketer to have scored a century in all three game formats.
- He has the most fifties for Pakistan in T20Is and is the second-highest run-scorer for Pakistan in T20Is.
- He is the first Pakistani and one of the few cricketers worldwide to have scored over 8,000 runs in T20 cricket.
- He is the most successful captain for Pakistan in T20Is, leading the team to victories against solid teams like New Zealand and West Indies.
- He has taken the most wickets for Pakistan in T20Is. He is the second-most successful bowler for Pakistan in T20Is.
- He has played for various franchise teams in T20 leagues like IPL, CPL, PSL, and BPL and has had a successful stint with them.
These are some of his notable records, but Malik has many more documents and achievements throughout his career.